Shambhala Mountain Center is a vibrant community located at 8,500 feet high in the beautiful Colorado Rocky Mountains. Our environment is casual yet professional and our work meaningful, compassionate and spiritually inspired. We are a mission-driven, not-for-profit organization that strives to bring Shambhala Buddhist and other contemplative programs to the world.
We retain a year-round core staff of approximately 50 people. Between April and late September, we hire an additional 70 seasonal volunteers to help operate our organization and provide thousands of guests with retreats, workshops and programs that cultivate personal development and spirituality.
- Application: Core Staff
- Application: Summer Volunteer Staff
- Application: Summer Set-up and Fall Take-Down
To Apply: Contact ProgramStaffing@ShambhalaMountain.org
General Volunteer Opportunities (Changing Regularly):
Those who are interested in temporary volunteer programs that emerge from time-to-time may click the link below in order to apply for a general volunteer opportunity (Note: Volunteer opportunities may not always be available). These are unpaid positions, and SMC will provide Room and Board.
To Apply: Contact: Volunteers@ShambhalaMountain.org
More About Shambhala Mountain Center
Shambhala Mountain Center offers endless growth opportunities for staff through meditation training and practice, community living and relationships, job related training and experience, environmental sustainability, and staff programs and events designed to enrich life and build a sense of community.
Our community is committed to diversity and the principles of non-discrimination in all terms and conditions of employment and community life. We offer benefits for both core and seasonal staff and all hiring is coordinated through Human Resources.
Joining our staff could be right for you if:
- You are actively committed to a process of personal growth
- You are interested in integrating practice, devotion and service and are willing to meditate for at least 30 minutes a day
- Your body will let you work for eight hours a day/40 hours a week in rugged terrain at high altitude
- You are interested in living and working in community without a pet
- Your mind is strong and flexible enough to cope with the inevitable intensity of living and working in a small, dynamic community
If you are unable to submit the application form online, please contact our Employment office by calling us at 970-881-2184, ext. 237 or emailing us at email@example.com and we will discuss alternative methods of applying.