The position is responsible for all Accounts Payable tasks, including receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices, payments, statements, and payroll, and other accounting support functions. This position reports to the Comptroller.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Enters and Processes invoices in the accounting system on a daily basis
- Charges expenses to accounts by analyzing invoices and reports
- Supports budgeting process and reporting
- Processes check runs and records cash and credit payments
- Maintains pristine clerical and filing systems, providing immediate access to historical and supporting information
- Reconciles bank accounts and monthly statements
- Controls access to petty cash by recording all entries and running weekly finance window
- Educates staff on accounting needs and policies, and enforces policies and boundaries
- Controls access to confidential information by verifying authorization of individuals
- Calculates and reports sales taxes due for Gift Store
- Maintains audit trail and supporting documentation for annual audit, assist auditors by providing clear and comprehensive information, performs audit prep
- Makes recommendations to Controller to improve accounting integrity and systems, necessary corrections to accounts
- Supports Controller and organization by identifying important information and potential improvements to managerial accounting systems and budgets
- Maintains records of vehicles, registrations, and insurance
- Prepares and Processes weekly supply trips
- Prepares and submits payroll
- Supports SMC’s non-profit mission by integrating the practices and teachings of mindfulness in the office and in community
- Other tasks as assigned
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
Proficiency with QuickBooks, Excel and Accounting Principles are required. Meticulous attention to detail, a customer service orientation, the ability to take initiative, prioritize, and work independently in a busy multi-task environment are all essential. An accounting education is preferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
This position pays $8/hour for a standard of 30 hours/week, with some short term increases to 40 hours/week during the annual audit. SMC Staff may purchase room and meals from SMC at a discounted rate of $250/month). Dental, Life, and AD&D Insurance is available. Current time off benefits include 18 Personal Days and 15 Program Days per year as well as solitary retreat time as available. Paid time off benefits are subject to change, and are subject to restrictions as operationally necessary during peak season.