Shambhala Mountain Center’s volunteer program currently seeks an Assistant to the Stupa Director.
Basic skills for typing and composing memos, reports and correspondence.
• Ability to use office tools and equipment, computers, word processing, spreadsheets email and web browsers.
• Willingness to work outside “normal working hours”.
• Ability to make tour presentations following training by Stupa Director.
• Good customer relations skills.
• Ability to assist with Stupa maintenance tasks .
• Be flexible, optimistic and reliable.
- Schedule Stupa tours, relating with customers regarding details and providing confirmations and answers for tour leaders. This function may be located part-time in the Guest Services Center. Coordinate with requests originating from the Call Center in Boulder
- Manage schedule calendar
- Coordinating with program Coordinators for tours originating out of weekend and extended programs, including coordination with kitchen when appropriate.
- Complete training to become a Stupa Tour Guide and lead tours for both public and scheduled tours
- Coordinate with Stupa Manager and other persons who lead Stupa Tours
- Assist Stupa Manager in maintaining the Stupa and Stupa Visitors Center
- Assist Stupa Manager in maintaining grounds surrounding the Stupa, including landscape maintenance.
- Set up and take down cushions and chairs for scheduled tours. If the applicant in able, tasks may also included assisting with concrete repair, repairing the road used by the tree removal crew and painting the outside of the Stupa.
Work Hours: This is a 30 hour per week position. The specific days and hours will vary with the tour schedule.