Title:Housing & Travel Coordinator
Department: Guest Services
Reports to: Manager of Guest Services
Classification: Core Staff
We have 66 indoor rooms in our two Lodges, several seasonal dormitories, and 170 or more residential tents in our summer village. The Housing Coordinator is responsible for assigning housing for program participants and summer staff – You will work under the direction of our Guest Services Manager.
Transportation must be arranged for visitors, where you will arrange for commercial shuttle transportation on large arrival days and provide direct shuttle service on small arrival days. Direct shuttle service involves personally driving an SMC vehicle to a pick-up point 1-hour away from the center, so you must have a good driving record, valid license and be 24 years of age or older (insurance purposes).
- The position requires telephone and electronic mail communication with our program participants and close coordination with staff in Guest Services, and other operating departments here at Shambhala Mountain.
- You will work closely with our Housekeeping and Facilities Departments to ensure that accommodations are prepared for the arrival of our guests.
- You will assist your Guest Services colleagues with program registration, answering phones, and welcoming visitors.
- Transportation duties will involve direct correspondence with participants in order to plan for small and large arrival and departure days. You will be responsible for securing transportation for many participants, so you will be the first to make an impression upon program participants.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to plan, manage myriad details, possess excellent oral and written communication skills, computer literacy and some experience with the Microsoft Office software suite, and a genuine interest in welcoming and serving our guests
- Bachelor’s, Associates, and other credentials are preferred but not required.
- Required: 24-years of age (Vehicle Insurance Purposes)
Compensation & Benefits:
- $8.00/hour x 30-hours per week.
- Attend Weekend Programs at No Cost.
- 18 Personal Days per year. 15 Program Days per year.
- Dental Insurance., Life Insurance, AD&D.
- Housing & Meal plan available for low-cost on-land living.