Title: Manager of Information Technology
Department: Information Technology
Classification: Core Staff / Full Time
Position Summary: The IT Manager administers, optimizes, and troubleshoots a heterogeneous computer network of 50+ PC’s and 5+ Macs that run on a Windows 2008 Server. The IT Manager will be responsible for implementing updates, securing the network and troubleshooting all technical challenges that appear on individual workstations or the entire network.
The IT Manager will also supervise assistant technicians that troubleshoot less complex problems.
- Support of a heterogeneous computer network and its users
- Relating with email/web hosting, phone and internet providers
- Programming, maintenance and support of Unix based VOIP phone system, including troubleshooting, phone line maintenance, new installation and relating with vendor and telephone provider
- Maintenance of existing internal ticketing application and webshare
- Requires experience in direct end user support in LAN & WLAN environments
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- B.S. in Computer Science and 3 – 5 years of IT management experience – OR -
- Equivalent training through industry recognized certifications and a strong track record (3 – 5 years) of IT management experience.
- Applicant must be 25 years of age or older.
- $8.00/hour, 30-hours/week
- Attend weekend programs at no cost
- Personal days – 18/year. program days- 15/year
- Dental insurance, life insurance, AD&D
- Housing & meal plan available for low-cost on-land living