We are located about two hours northwest of Denver, CO and two hours southwest of Cheyenne, WY in Red Feather Lakes, CO. Getting to Shambhala Mountain Center from Denver, Boulder or other areas of Northern Colorado requires the use of a personal vehicle or coordinating arrangements with at least two ground transportation providers.
If arriving by plane, you must first take a shuttle from Denver International Airport to the Fort Collins Hilton. From the Hilton, you can arrange transportation via the Shambhala Shuttle to and from our Center. For more information, see Shuttle Services.
To reduce travel stress, plan to arrive at the Center by mid-afternoon on your arrival day to allow plenty of time to check-in and settle into your accommodations before dark. If you would like our assistance in making your travel plans, please contact us at least three weeks prior to your arrival date. The Travel Coordinator can be reached at (970) 881-2184 x. 298 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Driving times: From Denver 2.5 hrs; from Boulder 2.0 hrs; from Fort Collins 1.0 hr
- Gas: Plan to arrive here with at least a half-tank of gas. We suggest filling up in Fort Collins.
- Online Directions: For online travel directions, use MapQuest with the following destination address: 4921 County Road 68C, Red Feather Lakes, CO 80545. Look for directions that take you through Livermore, CO versus the Poudre Canyon Highway. Though scenic, the canyon route can be challenging during wet and wintery seasons. Google and Yahoo Map directions often return results that take you through Poudre Canyon and into the town of Red Feather Lakes, thus bypassing Shambhala Mountain Center.
- Nearest Airport: Denver International Airport (DEN)
- Flight Arrival: Please schedule your flight to arrive in DEN before 1:00 p.m. We suggest allowing four to five hours between your flight’s scheduled arrival and actually reaching the Center by car or shuttle service.
- Flight Departure: Schedule your return flight at least five hours after your program ends on your departure date. For some programs, this may require an extra night’s stay at the Center, or in Fort Collins or Denver. If you are uncertain when your program ends, please contact Guest Services/Registrations at email@example.com
- Example: To arrive at the Center before 5:00 p.m. for registration, your flight should land at DEN no later than 12:30 p.m. If your program ends after lunch at 1:30 p.m., your flight should depart DEN no earlier than 7:00 p.m.