We’re Open! Come Visit the Land
We’re so pleased to open Shambhala Mountain Center for retreats, programs and visitors. If you haven’t been here for a while, or are a first-time visitor, please come to this vast mountain valley. Some things you can do:
• Hike up to the Great Stupa. Enjoy a picnic nearby. (Sorry, visitors are not allowed inside for the time being.)
• Enjoy a delicious meal in the dining tent. Donation of $10 – $15 greatly appreciated.
• Visit the beautiful gift store. Open Weds., Friday & Sat. 1:15 – 3:30pm
• Sign up for a program or retreat. Stay a while and soak up the fresh mountain scenery.
What is Shambhala Mountain Center?
Nestled high in the Colorado Rockies, Shambhala Mountain Center (SMC) provides the perfect retreat setting for studying yoga, meditation and contemplative arts. SMC combines natural beauty, unspoiled wilderness, blue skies and crisp mountain air with the comforts of a modern retreat campus. Our accommodations range from fine lodge rooms with private baths to shared same-gender dormitories and economically priced seasonal tents on wooded hillsides. Meals, with vegetarian options, are included.
This is a place where many wisdom traditions are hosted, and we welcome all people inspired to explore the nature of self and society. Join us and enjoy our beautiful location and warm hospitality.
News from the Land
- We’re hiring for seasonal and year-round positions. Join our staff.
- SMC’s 2020 financial report is here.
- Check out other opportunities to volunteer and support SMC’s post-fire recovery.
- New life is springing up even in the areas burned in the Cameron Peak fire. But the land is fragile. See our Visitor Guidelines for supporting SMC’s eco-recovery.