NOTE: These are our general program policies. Some programs (including Warrior Assembly, Scorpion Seal Assembly, Enlightened Society Assembly, and Mindful Schools Year Long Certification Rental) may have specific payment and cancellation policies that are noted on the program page.
The rates given on the Lodging / Rates page are per person, per night. Prices include lodging, three meals per day (vegetarian options available) and use of our facilities (trails, the Great Stupa, meditation gardens, dining hall, etc.). To calculate the total cost of your stay, add your lodging amount (program nights x room rate) to the tuition amount listed in your program description.
- Arrival and departure days are the first and last days of your program.
- Prices are subject to change. Please call or check out the program registration page for updates and special offers.
- We reserve the right to cancel any program.
Full payment is required upon registration for stays of three nights or less. A 50% deposit is required upon registration for stays of four nights or more. Payment can be made by credit card, check or money order in U.S. currency. If paying by check or money order, your registration is not confirmed until we receive your payment. If your check is not received within two weeks, the reservation you are holding will be cancelled. If staying four nights or more, we must receive the final balance due 30 days prior to your arrival date. If you have paid your initial deposit via credit card, we will automatically process the remaining balance due 30 days prior to your program arrival date. Your space is guaranteed once we have received payment in full.
Note: There is a $20 handling fee for any check returned for insufficient funds. We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express.
Shambhala Mountain Center offers a 10% discount off our lodging and meals to full-time academic students and/or senior citizens (60 year or older). If you qualify for a discount, please use the coupon code indicated on the registration page.
Subsidized Rate and Financial Aid
Shambhala Mountain Center endeavors to make its programs and retreats accessible to as many people as possible. Our Subsidized Rate (formerly known as the Generosity Policy) offers a $60 per night rate for Seasonal Dorm/Shared Bath accommodations in the winter and Double Tent accommodations in the summer. This includes both lodging and meals but does not affect program tuition. This option is available on the registration form. For those who require further financial assistance we also have a financial aid application available here. This rate cannot be combined with other discounts. For more information: Subsidized Rate and Financial Aid Policy
Cancellations and Refunds
The following policies apply generally. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; please see individual program descriptions.
If You Cancel
- If you cancel 14 or more calendar days prior to your arrival date, payments made will be refunded in full (less a 5% processing fee).
- If you cancel between 13 and 2 calendar days prior to your arrival date, nonrefundable program credit in the amount paid will be available for you to use for two years from the date of issue. Program credit is non-transferable.
- No credit or refund is available (1) if you cancel the day prior to your arrival day or on your scheduled arrival day, (2) if you do not show up, or (3) if you leave a program or event early.
- No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content.
- These provisions also apply to the cancellation of (1) additional nights booked before or after a program’s official arrival and departure dates and (2) housing downgrades.
If SMC Cancels
On rare occasions, SMC may need to cancel a program. We will attempt to notify registrants of a cancellation at least 7 days in advance of the program start date, although under very rare circumstances unforeseen severe weather conditions may require us to provide shorter notice. If we cancel a program, we will offer a full refund for housing and tuition or the option to rebook in an available program or our Getaway program offered at the same time period of the original reservation. If you are purchasing airfare to visit SMC, we recommend investigating travel insurance with appropriate coverage; SMC will not reimburse for travel expenses.