Position Title: Audio Visual Services Staff
Department: Information Technologies (IT)
Reports to: IT Manager
Supervises: AV Summer Assistant, Video and Transcription for the Sakyong, Program AV ROTA
General Summary of Function
Manages and runs Audio Visual Services at Shambhala Mountain Center and will possess a strong working knowledge of Windows and Macintosh computer systems.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manages AV staff
- Basic office management
- Main contact for AV related issues
- Relates to program AV requests including set-up of sound systems, web conferencing, and television/LCD projection
- Records or trains appropriate people to record programs
- Maintains audio archive of all recorded programs
- Keeps track of and maintains AV equipment
- Edits and Produces CD packages
- Works with program directors, SMC Giftstore, and program coordinators to market CD packages
- Maintains relationship with related organizations within the Shambhala Mandala
- Supports the study needs of Shambhala Acharyas
- Looks for and implements ways to expand AV services and marketing opportunities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Long and short terms project planning for self and others
- Strong organizational skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Able to remain functional and friendly in stressful situations
- Knowledge of sound engineering: speaker impedances, amplifiers, operating multi-channel mixing boards, speaker placement, mic placement, digital recording, editing and production.
- General audio equipment operating knowledge for various types of P.A. and recording gear
- Basic knowledge of video recording, editing, and production helpful but not required
- Basic operating knowledge for visual and video: TV’s, VCR’s and DVD players, LCD projectors.
- Strong computer literacy, especially as related to audio visual functions
- Basic knowledge of visual design for CD packages
- Detail oriented, especially in archival data entry
- Able to lift 50 pounds and carry it 200 yards
- Applicant must be 18 years of age or older
- Extensive experience in Shambhala Tradition.
- Experience with Buddhism is necessary - Ideally a Tantrika and Warrior Assembly Graduate. This is required to record and edit talks that are traditionally restricted to others.
- Experience in Sound Engineering. Formal education, degrees or certificates is helpful but not necessary.
- Experience with videography helpful but not required.
- Experience in office and people management.
- $8.00/hour 30-hours/week. Attend Weekend Programs at No Cost. 18 Personal Days per year. 15 Program Days per year. Dental Insurance., Life Insurance, AD&D. Housing & Meal plan available for low-cost on-land living.