The Housekeeping & Program Space Manager is responsible for supervising and organizing the housekeeping & retreat space team as well as the overall performance of the department. This department contributes toward the guest experience through ensuring the cleanliness and preparedness of our varied guest lodging, program spaces, and public spaces. The Housekeeping & Program Space Manager primarily spends time on completing hands-on tasks, with some additional administrative and managerial tasks.
This is a full-time position that reports to the Director of Program Operations.
- Appreciation for cleanliness and organization, attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while taking clear direction
- Strong communication skills and quality orientation
- Experience supervising teams of employees and volunteers with positive leadership
- This is a physically engaging position and lifting of up to 50 pounds is required
- Previous housekeeping and event set-up experience is preferred
- Cultivate inspiration and hospitality among the team as a whole.
- Coordinate scheduling for the team and ensure on-call department coverage for last-minute needs on arrival days and program days.
- Delegate tasks and adapt priorities to varying workflow needs, while planning projects for times of slower workflow.
- Attend program planning meetings as necessary.
- Participate as a team member with cleaning/prepping designated areas, providing leadership and following established guidelines.
- Maintain daily awareness of guest arrivals/departures and general cleanliness. Communicate with the Programs and Guest Services departments as needed regarding requests, statuses, and feasibility of accommodations.
- Provide training for new staff and volunteers, and monitor performance.
- Manage the operation and upkeep of the department’s resources, equipment, and storage spaces. Monitor a department vehicle and perform routine checks for needed maintenance. Report maintenance issues to the appropriate individuals and track the status of needed maintenance.
- Monitor inventory and order supplies within the allocated department budget.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Approximately 35 hours per week
- $12.92 per hour
- Participation in SMC’s Paid Time Off and Paid Sick Leave program (estimated 10 days of PTO accrued in first year of employment, 12 days in second year, 15 days in third and fourth years, 20 days in fifth and subsequent years)
- If choosing to live at SMC, low-cost housing and meal plan required (currently a combined $375.00 per month)
- Free participation in staff classes and programs