Management of the organization’s Human Resource function including recruitment, staff orientations and transitions, work relations, and the administration of policies and procedures, compensation, benefits and staff housing.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develops annual staffing plan and recruits related candidates
- Manages staff arrivals, departures, orientations and transitions
- Develops, maintains and communicates HR policies and procedures in conjunction with policy committee
- Administers all benefits including time-off as well as health insurance
- Administers compensation program
- Develops and maintains job descriptions
- Oversees performance appraisal process
- Ensures compliance with applicable legislation
- Administers staff housing plan
- Assists managers with supervisory and managerial skill building
- Responsible for HR record retention
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
A minimum of 3 years experience as a Human Resource generalist with emphasis on recruiting, administration and staff relations, preferably in a not for profit organization. A Bachelor of Arts degree or additional job related experience is required. Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with difficult situations in an uplifted manner. Good attention to detail, organizational abilities and sound judgement are also required. The ideal candidate will be a Shambhala Buddhist practitioner or at minimum an experienced meditation practitioner.
Compensation and Benefits
$8.00 per hour. 30 hours per week. Attend Weekend Programs at No Cost. 18 Personal Days per year. 15 Program Days per year. Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, AD&D. Housing & Meal plan available for low-cost on-land living.