ONLINE • Introduction to Mindfulness: An Antidote to Stress, Burnout, and Compassion Fatigue
June 8–17, 2021
4 classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10am to Noon MDT
- $200.00 – Program Tuition
- $160.00 – Generosity Policy (subsidized)
Eighteen months of incredible stress and overwhelm (pandemic, racial injustices, political division, climate crises) have taught us that all educators need ways to take better care of themselves if they are going to last in this profession. In this live on-line course we offer basic self-awareness, self-regulation and self care strategies that can help you do this.
Learn mindfulness practices that help you respond rather than react.
• Practice conversations that help you connect with peers
• Explore setting boundaries for self-care
• Gain insight into the dynamics of stress and challenging emotions
• Learn short mindfulness practices to bring back to students, clients or teams
Rona Wilensky is Director of Mindfulness Programs and a senior faculty member for SMART in Education—a research-based mindfulness program for educators at PassageWorks Institute. She has served on the Leadership Council of the Initiative on Contemplative Teaching and Learning at Garrison Institute and has helped plan and facilitate convenings on contemplative practice and social justice. She served as founding principal of New Vista High School in Boulder, Colorado from 1992 – 2009.