Oscar Miro Quesada Gathering • Rental
August 26–29, 2021
Welcome to Shambhala Mountain Center!
This program is being run by the Oscar Miro Quesada Organization and held at Shambhala Mountain Center as a rental program.
Participants must first register for the program with the Oscar Miro Quesada Organization and then register and pay for lodging here with Shambhala Mountain Center.
To register for lodging please click “Register Now” above. All lodging rates include three meals a day.
Shambhala Mountain Center COVID-19 Safety Information
Please read the below thoroughly prior to registration
Shambhala Mountain Center is committed to safeguarding the health and wellbeing of our guests, presenters, and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic. We will continue to comply with applicable laws and regulations, and take into account recommendations from the CDC and other experts to promote a safe experience at SMC.
Listed below are the COVID-19 safety parameters we are planning to have in place for this summer. We will continue to track the pandemic as it evolves and will adapt our guidelines and policies as needed over time in response to emerging science and recommendations from the CDC. We will post any updates to our guidelines on this page as they emerge.
- All guests participating in programs at SMC must have received a complete COVID-19 vaccine, with the exception of those with well-held religious beliefs or medical reasons for not getting vaccinated.
- All guests who are not vaccinated must submit proof of a negative COVID-19 test upon arrival. This test must have been administered within 72 hours prior to arrival. SMC reserves the right to administer a COVID-19 test upon arrival.
- In the two weeks prior to arrival, SMC asks all guests to carefully follow mask and physical distancing guidelines when in public.
- If any guest has a known exposure to COVID-19 within a week before their program, please complete a 7 day quarantine before coming to SMC
- Health screenings for guests and for staff arriving at SMC will be carried out following best practice recommendations.
- Guests who exhibit symptoms of COVID-19 or test positive for COVID-19 while on site will need to leave SMC to recover elsewhere. SMC staff is not able to transport anyone who falls ill with COVID-19 or COVID-19 related symptoms. We therefore recommend that anyone participating in a program either rent a car or come in their own vehicle.
Our planned COVID-19 safety guidelines for the summer are as follows:
- 6 foot physical distancing and face coverings required in all indoor spaces except private lodge rooms.
- Face masks are also required outdoors when a distance of 6 feet is not able to be maintained
- Meal Service Adjustments including:
- Physically distanced dining
- Designated meal times to stagger groups
- Meals will be served cafeteria style. Self-service for meals will not be permitted.
- Regular cleaning and sanitizing of public spaces and restrooms
- Limited access/closure of shared spaces, such as lounges and certain meeting facilities
- Reduced back-to-back stays in lodge rooms to ensure time for proper cleaning and disinfecting.
- Shared lodging options will be available only to those within the same household. All other guests must stay in single occupancy lodging. Guests in Monk Room, Red Feather Cabin and tent lodging options will be sharing bathhouses with others, but at a limited capacity.
- Reduced capacity for all indoor spaces to ensure physical distancing. To support this, where appropriate, programs will have enrollment caps. May and June programs will be limited to 10 participants, with numbers opening up later into the summer.
In order to maintain the highest standards of cleanliness, we will:
- Continue to perform the highest level of disinfectant cleaning across the property, using earth-friendly, peroxide-based cleaners.
- Clean high touch surfaces frequently.
- All staff will wear masks in public areas, and we ask that all guests follow state health guidelines and wear masks when engaging with staff or while you are in indoor public areas.
- Sneeze guards will be installed at all point-of-sale locations.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been added across property in high traffic areas.
Covid-19 Cancellation & Refund Policy:
(Please note that Shambhala Mountain Center and Chawpinsuyu Community have two distinct cancellation policies)
We understand that you may have concerns about attending an SMC program at this time. In order to promote a safe environment and support the wellbeing of all, we are relaxing our cancellation and refund policy.
If you cancel your registration based on illness, travel restriction, or concerns around coronavirus, we will refund any payment that you’ve made. In lieu of receiving a refund, you can choose to continue to support SMC’s mission during these uncertain and challenging financial times by applying your payment or a portion of it to a future program or by donating to SMC. If you would like to donate all or part of your payment, we will gratefully provide a letter for tax purposes. Similarly, if your program is cancelled you will receive a full refund.
General Cancellation and Refund Policy
The following policy applies generally to all non-Covid related cancellations.
If You Cancel
- If you cancel 14 or more calendar days prior to your arrival date, payments made (which already incurred a 2.75% non-refundable administrative fee) will be refunded less an additional 2.75% refund processing fee.
- If you cancel between 13 and 2 calendar days prior to your scheduled arrival date, nonrefundable program credit in the amount paid (less any administrative fees) will be available for you to use at Shambhala Mountain Center for two years from the initial date of issue. Program credit is non-transferable and may not be applied to any amounts previously paid for past or future programs.
- No credit or refund is available (1) if you cancel the day prior to your arrival day or on your scheduled arrival day, (2) if you do not show up, or (3) if you leave a program or event early.
- No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content.
- These provisions also apply to the cancellation of (1) additional nights booked before or after a program’s official arrival and departure dates and (2) housing downgrades.