Oscar Miro Quesada Gathering • Rental
August 26–29, 2021
Welcome to Shambhala Mountain Center!
This program is being run by the Oscar Miro Quesada Organization and held at Shambhala Mountain Center as a rental program.
Participants must first register for the program with the Oscar Miro Quesada Organization and then register and pay for lodging here with Shambhala Mountain Center.
To register for lodging please click “Register Now” above. All lodging rates include three meals a day.
Shambhala Mountain Center COVID-19 Safety Information
Please read the below thoroughly prior to registration
As we plan our reopening, we wanted to share our continued commitment to safeguarding the health and wellbeing of all of our guests, presenters, and staff. To promote a safe experience at SMC, we will monitor and comply with applicable laws and regulations, and take into account recommendations from the CDC and other experts.
Listed below are our current COVID-19 policies and guidelines based on current conditions. Although we are not in a position to eliminate all risk, we are committed to mitigating as much risk as practicable. We will continue to track the pandemic as it evolves and will adapt these measures as needed in response to emerging science, recommendations from the CDC, and guidelines set by Larimer County.
Although we don’t wish to exclude anyone from experiencing the wisdom and magic of SMC, we understand that our policies and guidelines may preclude some people from visiting during the pandemic and apologize for any inconvenience. We appreciate your support and patience as we continue to navigate this complex and unprecedented situation, and hope to see you soon.
Applicable to Everyone on SMC’s Main Campus
- Masks covering the nose and mouth are to be worn at all times in program spaces and other indoor spaces, except when dining or in private lodging.
- Physical distancing of 6 feet is required, except in private lodging.
- Changing conditions may result in the removal of the mask and/or physical distancing requirements for those who are fully vaccinated. We will attempt to provide notice of a change in these requirements two weeks prior to the arrival date of any program.
Registered Guests and Program Presenters (“Registered Guest(s)”)
- All Registered Guests, subject to the exemptions listed below, must be fully vaccinated.
- Registered Guests who are not fully vaccinated may still attend a program if non-vaccination is based on:
- A sincerely held religious belief;
- A sincerely held moral or philosophical viewpoint that is opposed to immunization;
- A disability as defined by the ADA, including medical circumstances preventing vaccination;
- Unavailability of COVID-19 vaccine due to age; or
- Pregnancy, pregnancy related medical conditions, and/or breastfeeding.
- On arrival, Registered Guests must certify that they have received a full COVID-19 vaccination or have not been vaccinated due to one or more of the circumstances listed above.
- Registered Guests must also certify on arrival that they are not experiencing symptoms commonly associated with COVID-19 and have not experienced any of those symptoms for at least 7 days prior to arrival.
- SMC reserves the right to administer a COVID-19 test to any Registered Guest on arrival or in the event a Registered Guest experiences symptoms of COVID-19 while at SMC.
- Any Registered Guest who experiences symptoms of or tests positive for COVID-19 during their stay will need to depart from SMC to recover elsewhere. We recommend that anyone participating in a program either rent a car or come to SMC in their own vehicle. Unfortunately, SMC staff will not be able to provide transportation in these circumstances.
- Fully vaccinated individuals or those within the same household will be permitted to select shared lodging options (dorm, double rooms and double tent). Non-vaccinated individuals must select single occupancy lodging (Tent Single, Lodge Single Monk Room, Lodge Single, and Lodge Junior Suite).
- Registered Guests who are not vaccinated must be able to drive to SMC or quarantine before arriving at SMC. If using commercial travel to Colorado (plane, bus or train), those who are not vaccinated must quarantine for 3 days prior to their arrival. Those quarantining must submit a negative COVID-19 test upon arrival, and pending further developments around testing, SMC reserves the right to administer further testing during their stay.
SMC Employees & Volunteers
- Although SMC encourages staff members to obtain COVID-19 vaccinations, we are not in a position to mandate vaccinations for staff at this time.
- SMC may be open to day visitors, primarily to visit the Great Stupa of Dharmakaya, while programs are in session.
- SMC does not have the resources to require day visitors to be vaccinated or demonstrate proof of vaccination.
- To reduce the risk of contact with our Registered Guests, Day Visitors will not be permitted to enter any building other than the Stupa and Stupa capacity will be limited.
- Day Visitors will be required to wear masks and maintain appropriate physical distance from others while at SMC.
Our planned COVID-19 safety guidelines for the summer are as follows:
- Meal Service Adjustments including:
- Physically distanced dining
- Designated meal times to stagger groups
- Meals will be served cafeteria style. Self-service for meals will not be permitted.
- Regular cleaning and sanitizing of public spaces and restrooms
- Limited access/closure of shared spaces, such as lounges and certain meeting facilities
- Reduced back-to-back stays in lodge rooms to ensure time for proper cleaning and disinfecting.
- Reduced capacity for all indoor spaces to ensure physical distancing. To support this, where appropriate, programs will have enrollment caps. May and June programs will be limited to 10 participants, with numbers opening up later into the summer.
In order to maintain the highest standards of cleanliness, we will:
- Continue to perform the highest level of disinfectant cleaning across the property, using earth-friendly, peroxide-based cleaners.
- Clean high touch surfaces frequently.
- All staff will wear masks in public areas, and we ask that all guests follow state health guidelines and wear masks when engaging with staff or while you are in indoor public areas.
- Sneeze guards will be installed at all point-of-sale locations.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been added across property in high traffic areas.
Covid-19 Cancellation & Refund Policy:
(Please note that Shambhala Mountain Center and Chawpinsuyu Community have two distinct cancellation policies)
We understand that you may have concerns about attending an SMC program at this time. In order to promote a safe environment and support the wellbeing of all, we are relaxing our cancellation and refund policy.
If you cancel your registration based on illness, travel restriction, or concerns around coronavirus, we will refund any payment that you’ve made. In lieu of receiving a refund, you can choose to continue to support SMC’s mission during these uncertain and challenging financial times by applying your payment or a portion of it to a future program or by donating to SMC. If you would like to donate all or part of your payment, we will gratefully provide a letter for tax purposes. Similarly, if your program is cancelled you will receive a full refund.
General Cancellation and Refund Policy
The following policy applies generally to all non-Covid related cancellations.
If You Cancel
- If you cancel 14 or more calendar days prior to your arrival date, payments made (which already incurred a 2.75% non-refundable administrative fee) will be refunded less an additional 2.75% refund processing fee.
- If you cancel between 13 and 2 calendar days prior to your scheduled arrival date, nonrefundable program credit in the amount paid (less any administrative fees) will be available for you to use at Shambhala Mountain Center for two years from the initial date of issue. Program credit is non-transferable and may not be applied to any amounts previously paid for past or future programs.
- No credit or refund is available (1) if you cancel the day prior to your arrival day or on your scheduled arrival day, (2) if you do not show up, or (3) if you leave a program or event early.
- No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content.
- These provisions also apply to the cancellation of (1) additional nights booked before or after a program’s official arrival and departure dates and (2) housing downgrades.