Relationship as Spiritual Path: Getting the Love You Want, A Couples Workshop
January 15–17, 2021
A Couples Workshop
Note: The dates for this program have been changed from April 2020 to January 2021.
Every great wisdom tradition teaches the importance of love and compassion. But how do we practice this in our daily lives, especially in our intimate relationships? We will draw on the Buddhist teachings of Thich Nhat Hanh and the works of Harville Hendrix, PhD, to develop our skills in deep listening and loving speech. In this experiential Couples Workshop, you will be guided through processes to help you understand your core conflicts and how to transform them into opportunities for connection, healing, and growth. If you wish to have greater intimacy and connection in your relationship, this promises to be a rewarding weekend.
Here is a glimpse of what we will explore during this retreat:
- Effective communication, using the “Intentional Dialogue”.
- Using mindfulness and intention to resolve longstanding conflicts with compassion.
- Identify core negative patterns, and how to transform conflict into opportunities for compassion, healing and growth.
- Understand the Stages of Relationship, Attachment Patterns, Neuroscience of Relationships, and much more.
- Restore the passion, safety, and intimacy that brought you together at the start
On the SMC Blog:
Ben Cohen, PhD, has been in private practice in Boulder for over 25 years, and has led over 100 “Getting the Love You Want” Couples Workshops. Former Co-Dean of the Faculty of Imago Relationships International, and a former adjunct faculty at The Naropa University, he is a student of Thich Nhat Hanh, and integrates Eastern and Western approaches in his psychotherapy practice.