Scholarships will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, unless otherwise noted.
Please carefully review scholarship-eligible programs and dates
Apply (links below)
Awarding – You will be awarded via email with an acceptance deadline
Acceptance – If you do not accept your award by the deadline, your scholarship will be offered to the next applicant. If you accept, you will be emailed registration instructions
Registration – Please note: If you do not register by the deadline, your scholarship will be offered to the next applicant. Failure to accept or decline an award or register once receiving an award may result in ineligibility for future scholarships.
Scholarship Available Programs
Please note that some programs have separate applications linked in the below list. Application for all other programs can be found at the bottom of this page.
- 5-Day Mindful Self-Compassion Intensive (10/6/19-10/11/19)
- Fall Week-Long Meditation Retreat (Weekthun) (11/14/19-11/22/19)
- Silent Meditation Intensive: The Cradle of Loving-Kindness (11/22/19-11/24/19)
- Heart of Recovery Retreat (11/22/19-11/24/19)
- Introduction to Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (12/6/19-12/8/19)
- Winter Dathun (12/13/19-1/12/20)
- Winter Weekthun I (12/13/19-12/21/19)
- Winter Weekthuns I & II (12/13/19-12/28/19)
- Winter Weekthuns I, II, & III (12/13/19-1/5/20)
- Winter Weekthun III (12/28/19-1/5/20)
- Winter Weekthuns III & IV (12/28/19-1/12/20)
- Holiday Meditation Retreat: Renewing Body, Mind, and Spirit (12/20/19-12/28-19)
- Four Karmas Fire Puja (1/8/20-1/18/20)
- Silent Meditation Intensive: The Cradle of Loving-Kindness (1/10/20-1/12/20)
- Learn to Meditate (1/17/20-1/19/20)
- 9-Day Mahamudra Retreat (2/14/20-2/23/20)
- The Art of Being Human: Shambhala Training Level I (2/14/20-2/16/20)
- Green Tara: Enlightened Feminine Wisdom in Action (2/28/20-3/1/20)
- Introduction to Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (3/6/20-3/8/20)
- Chakrasamvara Intensive (3/6/20-3/14/20)
- Open Heart, Clear Mind: A Week-Long Meditation Retreat (3/13/20-3/21/20)
- Liberation Through Love: Investigating Systemic Oppression (3/20/20-3/22/20)
- The Science of Mind: A Practical Inquiry Into the Nature of Mind Through Traditional Buddhist Meditation (8/2/20-8/9/20)
Details for Standard Scholarship Programs
(Details below may not apply to programs with seperate applications as listed above.)
Qualification & Levels of Support
- Tier 1: 50% Funding of base housing – for individuals who have never attended a residential meditation retreat longer than a weekend.
- Tier 2: 35% Funding of base housing – for individuals who have previously attended at least one meditation retreat longer than a weekend.
Lodging included for scholarship registrations include Seasonal Dorm lodging in the Winter and Tent Double lodging in the Summer. Retreatants may pay to upgrade or choose to downgrade if they wish.
Scholarship awards may not be combined with Subsidized Rate or Student/Senior Discount.
Scholarship funding does not cover travel.
Scholarship and Financial Assistance questions may be directed to our Registrar.